Sunday, November 20, 2011

Statement essay #2

If someone is drunk or high, he or she is not responsible for his or her actions
            I still believe no matter what that this statement is False. As I read and finished the book speak it showed me that even when someone is drunk or high they can do physical harm and not even know. The main character was stuck in this situation where she felt like this statement was false yet everyone around her thought it was true. It pretty much ruined her. She was lost and nobody was on her side. Nobody believed her and she didn’t speak either.
            My first example from the book is when she tells us about the party that she went to. She tells that she drank some beer but everyone was. She says she saw this kid and he was like touching her she was scared."I open my mouth to breathe, to scream, and his hand covers it. In my head, my voice is as clear as a bell: NO I DON'T WANT TO! but i cant spit it out." (135) The main thing was is that he was very drunk. He just kept touching her and she explained that she couldn’t say a word. She was speechless. He hurt her and she let him. He was drunk and never took responsibility for what he had done to her. He was a evil boy that raped a young girl.
            My second case is how in this book it shows the pain that the main character went through when she had to see her rapist."I see IT in the Hallway. It goes to Merryweather. It is walking with Aubrey Cheerleader. It is my nightmare and i can't wake up." (45) She never told anyone and he just kept on harassing her. She had to suffer for so long and she knew that if she did tell somebody for what he did to her they would think that she was lying. She was living with hurt and sorrow and scared always. If only she would speak this would make her so much happier and not have to worry anymore about IT.
            Lastly, She could not last under the pain and sorrow she faced him and he tried to rape her again." He fumbles to hold both wrists in one hand. He wants a free hand. I remember i remember. Metal hands, hot knife hands. No. A sound explodes from me. NNNOOO"(194)  She stood up and told him no. She was stronger now and knew she was not taking anything from anyone. She spoke for the first time and told him that she was done. She was done with him and everyone thinking she was crazy and depressed. She was depressed that she got raped and that nobody would have believed her. That he was drunk and never took responsibility for his own actions and nobody could say wrong. He was bad. She won and she finally could speak.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this statement too. Because even if people are drunk they can still be a physical threat and not even know it. The most persuasive example was the second example and That was talking about the fear that Melinda felt when she saw "IT". It just shows that, that one action can ruin another person's life that is why you are still responsible for their actions even if they are drunk or high. This response is very well written and has a lot of description and supporting quotes from the book. like in the third paragraph when she states. "My second case is how in this book it shows the pain that the main character went through when she had to see her rapist."I see IT in the Hallway. It goes to Merryweather. It is walking with Aubrey Cheerleader. It is my nightmare and i can't wake up." (45)"

    ReplyDelete